Subject: [Leica] R lenses on Canon
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jan 23 06:59:08 2005

Doug Nygren  said:
> I'm sure they smile all the way to the bank thinking about this
> "outrageous" behaviour of Leicaists.  These Leicaists may even become like
> the consumer lemmings of the digital age and buy one upgrade after
> another, first the 10D, then the 20D, tomorrow the 30D, or in the words of
> another lugger, they'll become investors in Canon's R&D.<<<<<

Hi Doug,
Well I suppose some folks would do that, however I think there are a great
number of 20D -Leica lens shooters that would stay quite happily where they
are with a 20D. I mean even in my case over the years I didn't switch
Leicaflex's or R's everytime they made new versions. Even when I did make a
change it was usually sometime later or a couple of other models before
doing so.

>>The other day someone noted that Canon one day might design their cameras
>>so that R lenses could not be attached. <<<

I doubt this very much simply because they'll sell a great number of bodies
to people with Leica glass who wont be able to afford the Leica digi back,
therefore they'll buy a Canon body of some sort to go digital and still use
R lenses.

And many of the R lens people in buying a 20D or whatever, will eventually
also pop for one or two Canon digital designed lenses as I've done. Simply
for the auto-focus ability. :-) hey once you've tried it a few times, it's
like sex, you need more of it! ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] R lenses on Canon)
Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas M.Sharp) ([Leica] R lenses on Canon)