Subject: [Leica] R lenses on Canon
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Sun Jan 23 04:42:57 2005

The other day someone noted that Canon one day might design their cameras so
that R lenses could not be attached.

I don't think Leica is costing them much money and is probably winning them
some customers who buy their cameras because they can be made to be
compatible with Leica's R lenses.

I'm sure they smile all the way to the bank thinking about this "outrageous"
behavior of Leicaists.  These Leicaists may even become like the consumer
lemmings of the digital age and buy one upgrade after another, first the
10D, then the 20D, tomorrow the 30D, or in the words of another lugger,
they'll become investors in Canon's R&D.

I am one of those lemmings. I have an adapter for my EOS, but I don't fool
myself about what is happening.

Doug Nygren

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] R lenses on Canon)