Subject: [Leica] A word on doomed digital-
From: vroger at yahoo.com (V.Roger)
Date: Sat Jan 22 14:50:23 2005

Well...after years of collecting rangefinders and
SLRs, I now have 4 digitals- all are "outdated"-
Dogilux I by the Digilux 2, Canon G3 by the G5 and G6,
Optio S4i, by the Optio S5i and the Canon 300D by a
later model, I am not sure of its name. We on this
list enjoy the tactile pleasures of new equipment- we
tend to buy and re-buy even when our equipage is
working perfectly. Although I realize this, I am still
drawn to newer equipment such as the possibility of a
Digital M Leica, or the Epson RD. Finally, however, I
have reached a saturation point in digital. I am
exploring what I own to get the most out of it. I have
discovered new ways to use the G3, the shutter lag of
which used to drive me bonkers. Now I use it as an
available light camera pre-setting it at f2- and
allowing the camera to adjust exposure from there. Its
control placement is super. Sure, digitals are doomed,
from the minute you drive them out of the dealership-
but so what! Their performance is what counts- and I'm
totally hooked. vroger

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] A word on doomed digital-)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] A word on doomed digital-)