Subject: [Leica] To Keep or Not to Keep a Leica 1.4/75 M-Summilux
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Sat Jan 22 11:32:08 2005

Thanks for the clarification, Didier.  As someone whose favorite lens is
the 75 Summilux, I am reluctant to recommend it to anyone because most
people who have used it seem to reject it, rejecting it for very good
reasons; size, weight, odd focal length, inadequate frame lines and, of
course, enormous price.  I am pleased to find you another 75 Summilux
aficionado.

I have used both early and recent 75 Summiluxes and always find the
quality of their pictures indistinguishable.  As to build quality, I
have never needed to look into that matter.  I am quite surprised that a
good used 75mm Summilux can be purchased for 750 EUR, if that is the
case, you are absolutely right to purchase another.  The earlier models
are a tad heavier than the newer ones, but they have the big advantage
of coming with a clip-on shade as opposed to the hideous sliding shade
on the new and newer lenses.

        Best regards,

        Buzz Hausner