Subject: [Leica] Leica glass
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Sat Jan 22 04:17:57 2005

Someone made a comment that everyone has good glass now. That depends on
what the meaning of good is. I can always see the difference between Leica's
and others' glass. Leica negs stand up well to medium format glass as well.
We all know that.

It may well be that Photoshop allows us to improve the shortcomings of "good
glass." I am mindful, however, that I cannot access my computer storage from
1985 with my 2004 equipment. People advise that I simply constantly update
my files to keep them current. I find it easier to scan negatives, touch
them up, and get negatives made from the computer file. I then print
(contact) from there. I like having the negatives.

Doug Nygren

Replies: Reply from jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB) ([Leica] Re: Leica glass)