Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica glass
From: jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB)
Date: Sat Jan 22 13:32:26 2005

At 04:12 AM 1/22/2005, dnygr wrote:

>Someone made a comment that everyone has good glass now. That depends on
>what the meaning of good is. I can always see the difference between
>Leica's and others' glass. Leica negs stand up well to medium format glass
>as well. We all know that.

Leica does not make their glass. They buy it from several glass vendors,
Schott, Hoya, etc. Leica glass is right-out-of-the-catalog glass. The only
glass made by Leica is in their research facility, for R&D purposes - and
they possibly do not still do this.

Marc Small can elaborate on "Leica" glass should you need further
clarification.

JB

Replies: Reply from dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post) ([Leica] Re: Leica glass)
Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Re: Leica glass)