Subject: [Leica] RYO M3 RF Adjustments
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Thu Jan 20 12:26:31 2005

Go on!  Have a go mate.  Get the itty bitty tools out and have a play.
There's enough clues here and elsewhere to get you started on tweaking
the right screws.

One trick I worked out was to mount the body on a tripod, pointing at
the ground.  Take off the back and lay a focussing screen from an R
camera on the film guides.  Then you can check the focus.  The screen
has to be one way up but I can't remember which.  You'll work it out.

Vertical alignment has something to do with the screw at the front.
Range alignment is to do with the cam follower arm and its gorgeous
little levers and pulleys inside behind it.

Let us know how you go!

Rick