Subject: [Leica] Re: Printer Paper
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Wed Jan 19 05:06:04 2005

cwoods wrote:
> I just sent my IIIf (I think that's what it is) to be serviced
> and cleaned, so I hope to be posting some pictures shortly. In
> the meantime, any suggestions as to good photo printer
> paper....I've tried some of Legion's products and have been
> pretty happy, although, the glossy finish seems to show the
> limitations of my old Hewlett Packard printer a bit too much. Is
> Hahnmule (spelling?) any good? Other brands?

Hi Chris,

I use Hahnemuhle for my best B&W Piezography stuff, and
for work for pay.  It's very nice, but expensive;  I have settled
on their heavy weight paper.

For paid color work, I send my digital files to a lab to have
photographic (RA4) prints made.

For home and proofing, I use Epson Heavyweight Matte or
and Epson Photo Glossy or Canon's equivalent.
I buy a big batch a a ime, when the local Staples
run their occasional 50% off sales.

My printers are an Epson 1280 for Piezography and
Canon S9000 for other stuff.

Cheers,

- Phong