Subject: [Leica] Rick Santorum and the Leica in your Pocket
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Wed Jan 19 04:19:36 2005

Peter Dzwig wrote:
> Didn't someone say something to the effect that a good portrait
> shows the person
> as they really are, not,perhaps, as they might like to be seen.

Absolutely !   By the same token, most people believe the
way they like to be seen in a given circumstance is the way
they really are.   Who is to tell what they really are ?
Maybe we just relate better to photos that confirm our
preconceptions and prejudices.   Take that infamous
Time magazine cover of O.J. Simpson, for example.
People who believe he is guilty of murder would think
that is a good portrait; his fans would think it a lousy
one.

- Phong

Replies: Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] Rick Santorum and the Leica in your Pocket)