Subject: [Leica] Interesting
From: dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post)
Date: Tue Jan 18 10:43:59 2005

Feli-
Actually, the item that caught my eye was that the lens was NOT
stabilised! It was the sensor!
The Minds at Minolta might have something! It seems silly to load a lens
with all sorts of hardware to move heavy glass elements when a simpler
system to move a lightweight sensor would be more energy efficient and
might operate more quickly.
The downside is whether the platform for the sensor might be more
susceptible to impact damage, even from a minor 'bump'.
Also- the system allows the use of older lenses and still lets one have
the advantage of stabilization.
Interesting indeed!
Dan