Subject: [Leica] special run F2.8 Elmar...
From: jefferys at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Mon Jan 17 11:38:45 2005

I try not to say this on Stephen's forum, but I have shunned mine
since the first roll (and I bought two of the darned things...I
dropped the first one before taking a single frame). I won't say that
it is bad; only that I didn't think the results were good. That said,
I've taken a few absolutely horrible rolls using a 50/2 Summicron, so
maybe I'd better bite my tongue until I've given that little lens a
better chance of showing itself. Part of it may be that it came out on
the heels of the 50/3.5 Heliar, and I was hoping that it had the same
optical quality with a better build. I'll take it out this week and
give it a chance to show itself one way or the other.

Jeffery