Subject: [Leica] RE: FS: Leica IIIf BD ST
From: nicholsj at edge.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri Jan 14 20:04:47 2005

Gil,

I read the reference you found and it is interesting.  Perhaps it is a
IIId, but I have no literature to confirm or deny this.  There is one other
interesting question.  To my knowledge, no IIIc came from the factory with
the flash socket you show.  I suspect that applies to the IIId as well, if,
as the reference says, this category exists.  That suggests that the camera
has had a modification, perhaps even a factory-supplied modification, to
add the flash socket and the synchro-dial.  It is probably wise to track
this down before letting it go, in case it is unique.

Jim Nichols
nicholsj@edge.net