Subject: [Leica] One dot, two dot???
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri Jan 14 13:51:32 2005

One of the weak points of the original M3 was the rewind spindle broke.
The earliest models had a slot filled with red paint in the top of the
spindle, which could be viewed as a film transport confirmation as it
rotated. Later cameras has a red pain filled offset dot and eventually
a larger strengthened spindle with 2 red dots.
Frank