Subject: [Leica] Severely OT: Buying a Flatbed Scanner
From: robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier)
Date: Thu Jan 13 21:46:04 2005

Nathan,

The way digital ICE works does not soften the image.   It uses, as I
understand it, infrared beams that rake the slide across its surface,
picking up dust that is on the surface, and then the software, knowing what
is dust and what is not,  replaces the white spot caused by the dust with
the surrounding color.

Bob