Subject: [Leica] 20 Discards
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Thu Jan 13 14:26:35 2005

B.D.,

What I find particulary interesting is the fact that:

a) The one that makes the photograph, sees -probably due to his involvement
with the photograph- often more in his images than an unprejudiced spectator
does.
It's a dilemma: not being able to judge ones own work (in French: pas assez
de recule).

b) Different people interpret the same images differently. Luckily, I'd add.

It is not that I didn't suspect what 17 and 19 were about (I tried to hint
this hopefully) but that they IMO did not undoubtedly tell the story that
you see in them.

Again, my 5 cents.

Philippe
---