Subject: [Leica] 20 Discards
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Thu Jan 13 12:09:53 2005

Dunno if it's major mistakes, but here I go. I'd put

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album163/Discard17
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album163/Discard18
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album163/Discard19

All because they intrigue me, make me curious about what is happening there,
or make me fantasize about what will happen. Maybe they are nit technically
perfect in terms of cropping or so, but so what? IMO that is a technical
issue, and in interpreting such kind of images that is not the first thing
on my approval checklist.

and

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album163/Discard20, because I like the soft
colortones, because I find it a very graphical image and because I like the
out of focus effect. It's not something I've never seen before, but it stays
a kind of picture that captures the eye.

in the selection instead of

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album154/Colen20_resize: is this Anjelica
Houston or a look alike? It's about the only thing that I can think about
that would make this image a bit interesting. If it's about generations not
communicating, it lacks a clear sign of, well, the lack of communication.

and

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album154/Colen19_resize, because I like
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album154/Colen15_resize more, and it's the
same kind of theme: photographer takes a photo of a photographer.

and

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album154/Colen17_resize, because it feels
like it's taken just too soon or too late: no real connection between the 2
people in the photo.

and

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album154/Colen12_resize: nothing is really
happening here, and as a purely graphic image it doesn't appeal to me.

and (even if it's 5 out against 4 in)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album154/Colen7_resize, because it's the
least of the (strong) prenatal series IMO

Just my 5 cents,
Philippe
---