Subject: [Leica] The Zeiss Choice
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Jan 13 14:15:08 2005

All true enough, Henning. But given a choice between those problems, and
not being able to get close, I'd take the problems. (Not to say that
they aren't serious issues. And of course that's where we may have
problems weighing the advantages and disadvantages of rangefinder v SLR
for wide angles. The RF is defininitely superior for focusing wide
angles; on the other hand, the SLR allows really close focusing. And in
that regard there is nothing to match the discontinued 21 f2 for the
discontinued Olympus OM series. I believe it focuses down to about 9
inches from the front element.