Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Ikon Focus Shift
From: billgem at hotmail.com (Bill Marshall)
Date: Mon Jan 10 23:17:35 2005

Mark, come back to us. You're way out there.

"Insulting"? Who has Zeiss insulted? Is it getting personal?

"A dozen questionalble affirmations"? (I assume you mean assertions.) I dare
you to name even half a dozen. It may be a fair criticism to state that the
TOUTED strengths of the system will not make a sighificant difference, but
that doesn't make them "questionable." Everything they have stated is true
as far as can be objectively determined. Significant benefit? Well, that's a
mattrer of opinion.

80 mm medium format lens? 40 mm lens from the Rollei 35S? What the heck do
either of these have to do with Zeiss Ikon - or Zeiss itself for that
matter? Other than the fact that Zeiss licensed these 2 lenses to Rollei a
long time ago, they have nothing to do with this new system. Rollei
introduced them in LTM 2 years ago, but that project has been abandoned for
at least 6 months. And it was from ROLLEi - not ZEISS.

Please, if you're going to criticize Zeiss for misrepresentations, clean up
your own misrepresentations first.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Zeiss Ikon Focus Shift)