Subject: [Leica] Re: Nathan's PAW 1: More from Poland
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jan 8 12:03:49 2005

Eric asked:
<<<Do you
> use inflatable mannequins, too--like Graham--in order to get just the
> precise placement you need?  :)<<<<<<<

Hi Eric,
It works like this with these two lads.

Always out of sight are make-up and set-up crews in several huge lorries or
trucks. So when either Nathan or Graham make a hand gesture or give a
direction the crew hop right to it, set things in place and or if required
order a fly past of Harrier jet fighters, 12 ducks a quacking or a beauty
queen on a quiet street. Or whatever minor item is required to fulfill their
creative vision.;-)

These two very talented photographers not only see the actual moment before
it happens as they have a great vision of what's required for smashing great
photographs, much along the lines of HCB. :-)

The difference is, HCB would see something, realize it required a walk in or
something, then wait for the "item required to walk in by accident."
Whereas these two chaps merely snap their fingers and the set-up crew supply
the filler items immediately avoiding wasted time standing around navel
gazing.;-)

However everyone should appreciate that the finished photo wouldn't be as
great as it is, if it were not for the visual talent these two gentlemen
posses. We see the finished photograph and as usual are completely
enthralled! So my friends do keep up the good work like good chaps! ;-)
Thank you.

ted

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Re: Nathan's PAW 1: More from Poland)
Message from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: Nathan's PAW 1: More from Poland)