Subject: [Leica] Nikon 5000ED
From: mail at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Fri Jan 7 15:36:56 2005

As you switch it on with the front cover pushed down you'll see the
'sledge' that contains the mirror move to the front of the scanner and
then move towards the back.

I switched the power off just before the sledge got to the front. This
leaves the mirror exposed (it's at 45 degrees to the vertical). I then
cleaned the mirror with a cotton bud dipped in isopropyl alcohol. In my
case this solved the problem. I imagine that the mirror is front
silvered so you do this at your own risk :-)

Steve