Subject: [Leica] Intro
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Jan 1 19:50:35 2005

Jeffery,
There is, it is called a MTF chart.  While every machine is different,
if a lens is transmitting 60% contrast at the 30 or 40 cycle line out
15mm wide open then you have a really good lens.

If every manufacturer would just publish MTF charts for real production
lenses then most of the nonsense about my lens is better than your lens
houey would stop.

0.02

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com