Subject: [Leica] A Thanksful New Year...
From: bill_clough at yahoo.com (Bill Clough)
Date: Sat Jan 1 12:04:07 2005

USA
TEXAS
CORPUS CHRISTI

        My best wishes to everyone for a Happy New Year filled
with the images that come from so many creative eyes. What
separates photographers from others is their ability to see
the essence of things. How many times, in conversation, do
you hear people say ?Do you see what I mean.?

        Photographers and a privileged lot: they can share with
others
What they see. And if anything can help bring peace in this
troubled world, it is the ability to study?often
appreciate?another man?s viewpoint.

        I have been LUGing now since 2002. On this New Year?s
Day, some debts to repay:

        A profound thank you:

        *To Graham Battison--whose photographed of his lovely
countryside can lower blood pressure better than anything
prescribed by the medical field. He maintains that anyone
taking one of his walks would produce the same images but
we all know that isn?t true.  His is a unique gift; my
world is a better place because of his photographs and, I
suspect, many share this opinion even if he sometimes
doesn?t.

        *To Ted Grant?the LUG?s Grand Old Man of Photography. I
mean that as a compliment to a profound photographer who
has never let his status go to his head. His opinions are
like his images: honest, and open to all. His compliments
are rare, and being rare, have great value.

        *To Sonny--for his mastery of color.

        *To Alistair Firkin?for his FOM project and his gentle way
of nagging us all to participate?as so we should.

        *To B.D. Colen?for his devotion in keeping things in
perspective. Every group needs its curmudgeon and he
fulfills the role with relish. The LUG would not be same
without him.

        *To Patrick Kelley?for his untiring devotion to
maintaining the Leica-Gallery. Talk about an un-sung hero!

        *To Brian Reid-- for his untiring devotion to maintaining
the LUG. Talk about an un-sung hero!

        *To Steve Unsworth?whose image most often put us all to
shame.

        *To Nathan Wajsman?for his enthusiasm and delicate eye

        *To Will Larson?for his lasting friendship and
encouragement.

*To Rob Stevens?for he knows what and he know why.

*To Tina Manley?whose images are a constant inspiration.

*And, in my age of forgetfulness, to all those on the LUG
who I should have included (and whose names will haunt me
in the subsequent days for fear I have hurt their
feelings).

The LUG is a most unlikely band of individuals who never
fail to add to the forum?s collective worth. And for that,
we all are richer; certainly I am.

Happy New Year!

--Bill