Subject: [Leica] Exposure for Photographing people who have dark skin.
From: joecodi at clearsightusa.com (J. Codispoti)
Date: Thu Dec 30 18:29:33 2004

Martin,

Dark or "black" skin does photograph beautifully but absorbs light at a
greater rate then light skin and needs additional exposure. 1 to 2 stops is
an appropriate adjustment (depending on darkness). But keep in mind that if
the people you are photographing are wearing light clothes, the extra
exposure will be too much for the clothing.
If you are photographing with artificial lighting, place the darker people
in front or closer to the source of light, be it flash or incandescent.

Joe