Subject: [Leica] why wait for the DMR?
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu Dec 30 01:16:56 2004

The reason the sensor in the DMR is smaller than a standard 35mm frame
is so that the various bits of gubbins round the sensor fit into the
film gate. Until a sensor with rear connections and very different
geometry is developed a 36x24 surface sensor will not be able to fit
into a camera designed for film. This will also be true for a back for
an M, which would still have been my favoured option had it been
practical.
Frank

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] why wait for the DMR?)
Message from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] why wait for the DMR?)