Subject: [Leica] In and outs of stock photography?
From: leicanikon at earthlink.net (Stephen Gandy)
Date: Wed Dec 29 13:24:31 2004

stock results depend upon your subject matter, your rep, your images,
personal popularity with the buyers, your stock agency, the moon phase, and
which way the wind is blowing, among other things.

I have a friend who is one of the leading Hollywood celebrity photogs --
not a paparazzi.  he gets hired by the stars to do their pics, and is one
of the guys taking pics on the red carpet at  the Oscars.    shoots Canon
EOS digital, having switched from Nikon in large part because of very poor
pro support.   a Leica M6TTL and MP for film.  prefers the Leica images to
the Canon, but Canon makes most of the money.  over coffee at Saint
Starbucks one morning, he was pretty happy and surprised his stock sales
the week before totaled over $30,000.  full moon, wind eastward off the
malibu hills 5 mph, clear skies 78 degrees.  mileage may vary.

Stephen