Subject: [Leica] London challenge shoot
From: bdcolen at MIT.EDU (B D Colen)
Date: Tue Dec 28 11:35:28 2004

Okay, fook it! Call me nasty; call me tasteless; call me cruel...
Normally I remain silent in the face of mundane, or boring, or nice but
uninspired, or just plain crappy photo posts. In fact, most of the time I
don't
say anything unless I am really moved by a photo. But in the undoubtedly
foolish belief that people really want honest comments when they post photos,
and with the very loud and clear caveat that I am normally a real admirer of
Steve Unsworth's work...(And with the further caveat that this group of
photographers may be among the world's most talentless, but they happened to
be
hopelessly drunk or on drugs on the day in question ;-) )...

I don't think I have ever seen such a basically crappy collection of snappy
shots as is contained in that London shoot. With one exception - the shot of
the mime and the kid, almost everyone is an idea that the shooter failed to
pull off. The shot of the handicapped guy buying coffee - or whatever - comes
close as an idea, but the shooter didn't get close enough to get the shot
right.

B. D.

Replies: Reply from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] London challenge shoot)
Reply from cmbrow at wm.edu (Chandos Michael Brown) ([Leica] London challenge shoot)