Subject: [Leica]What is the least amount of equipment you can use?
From: jkoplen at mindspring.com (Julian Koplen)
Date: Mon Dec 27 18:11:00 2004

You guys--all of you, including Tina--are the greatest, alternating between
hilarious and informative, alone and in combination.  The LUG is a unique
phenomenon.

That said, even though I got a little of every idea under the sun, you have
actually helped me in my thinking.  The 35mm seems to be the popular
favorite, as it was with me on my trips some years ago.  So, that's coming
with me, along with my 50 and 90, all M.  I already own these, and as Mark
points out, that's what I'm already comfortable with.  The lenses
will ride on two classic M6's.  I want those lengths, because on a group
tour, I probably will not have much freedom to be changing my vantage point,
with
the whole group waiting, while I pursue my passion  :))  :))

I'll have one lens on one camera about my neck and another on an M6 in my
Domke with a sling or wrist strap for a quick grab.  The same slide film in
each, maybe Provia 100F, with some 400F in reserve.

And in the desert, I'll probably put on a UV f-lt-r.  Well, that's no worse
than the language that Curtis Fant used.  :))

If I hit the lottery, I'll spring for the Tri-Elmar and a 28mm VF.  Or if I
simply get sufficiently mellow on the 15-year-old Laphroaig that's in my
cabinet.  More chance of that than hitting the lottery.

Too many thread participants for me to thank you all, but I am appreciative.

Happy every dang holiday in the world to the whole group.  You're a great
bunch.

Julian