Subject: [Leica] Best camera/lens choice
From: enitka1 at comcast.net (ernie nitka)
Date: Mon Dec 27 10:31:25 2004

Julian I think the answer is yes to both suppositions.  I have the 2nd
version and the front element is set back enough that it may not need a
lens shade as much as other lenses.  Many times I use the 3E with the 49 to
67 filter adapter with a 67 mm polarizer and this too adds protection
against flare.

ernie