Subject: [Leica] Cosina/Voigtlander 18mm f:4 ?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Dec 24 22:02:40 2004

My position entirely.... both mounts are the right consumer solution, given
the (also in my mind dubious ) decision to have the original Bessa a LTM
camera body at all.  The wrong decision is to have a LTM only mount set of
lenses, but that is the present market solution.

Yes, there is a market for LTM lenses, but given the simple fact that the
last LTM camera ( before the Bessa) is over 45 years old, and there were
less than 1 million cameras made compared to about 2 million M cameras, the
market favors the M mount.

PS.. I do have the 15 in LTM mount.  The adapter is pretty permanently
affixed to avoid the problem of the mount getting stuck on the M body.  It
is not a good solution, it is the only solution that I could have.  If it
were available in M mount, I would sell my LTM version and go for the M only
mount,

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] Cosina/Voigtlander 18mm f:4 ?)