Subject: [Leica] Cosina/Voigtlander 18mm f:4 ?
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Dec 24 19:59:29 2004

Frank,

Certain of the wides, 12 and  15 especially benefit from being in a leica
thread mount, because you don't need accurate focus, and there are thousands
of
LTM camera that can be host to such lenses.

I'm not so certain why the 18mm even exists, as it is so close to the 15 and
21.  If it is significantly tinier, then it might have a reason for being.

By the time you hit the 21 where focus can make a difference, it is time to
start rolling them out in M mount only, or at least a choice.

Maybe they feel that they need to cater to the  Voigtlander R camera owners
out there; but it seems they could make at least the longer Focal length
lenses
in M and ltm.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?, crawfish
-

In a message dated 12/24/2004 9:41:02 PM Central Standard Time,