Subject: [Leica] Re: What happened to the Leica link that looked up whether a black camera was authentic?
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Wed Dec 15 10:03:00 2004

Frank Dernie wrote (in part):

>It is a bit of an anorak idea but one thing I noticed
> is that there seem
> to be batches of black or coloured cameras which are
> not in the
> official records.

Hi Frank:

I am unfamiliar with your usage of the word "anorak."

In the original Inuttituut (Eskimo language), the word
simply means "clothing." Anoraga = my clothes,
anoratiit = your clothes, anorapiuruit = beautiful
clothes, etc. In Canadian English, the word is now
used as a generic term for a style of hooded pullover
light jacket.

What does it mean to you?

Emanuel Lowi
Monteal