Subject: [Leica] Harlem - Was Scantily Clad Women
From: mattmorgan1 at mac.com (Matt Morgan)
Date: Tue Dec 14 12:32:10 2004

Thanks Chris.

I've always found it interesting how close Harlem is in Manhattan, yet
to most below 110th St, its a world apart. But I've found that in many
big cities around the world, and many of us are not fully aware of
areas that are in fact on our doorstep. It's that old thing that many
find it takes going to someone else's city, to actually 'see'.

Some parts of Harlem, especially 125th Street, have changed since
Clinton moved in. When I used to wander around the streets 10-12 years
ago, there was some seriously bad places. Whole blocks of burnt out
buildings with gangs on corners etc. It's a place with a lot of gritty
character, but in some areas, perhaps not the place you want to be
pointing a camera at people. I stood out as the only white person
anyway, so it was difficult even trying to sneak a shot.

Anyway, you're spoilt for choice in NYC - it's character makes it one
of the most stimulating photogenic cities.

Now if only I could get a few shots inside Flashdance in Times Square!

Matt.
http://homepage.mac.com/mattmorgan1/PhotoAlbum6.html

On 14 Dec 2004, at 23:54, Saganich, Christopher/Medical Physics wrote:

> Nice set.  I like the Harlem photographs especially.  I forget how
> unique Harlem is being so close.  And I did make it to the dancers
>
> Chris Saganich

  Matt Morgan
  Development Producer
  Electric Pictures Pty Ltd
  Ph: ????+ 61 89 339 1133
  Fax: ??+ 61 89 339 1183
www.electricpictures.com.au

CAUTION - This message and any files transmitted with it may
  contain sensitive and confidential information intended only for the
  use of the addressee named above. ?Please do not disseminate this
  information to additional parties, without the consent of the sender.

Replies: Reply from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] Harlem - Was Scantily Clad Women)