Subject: [Leica] Printer experiences of the LUG
From: jgovindaraj at eth.net (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun Dec 12 19:24:51 2004

I have a 1290 with Imageprint (which I had to get as only Epson inks are
available here) - fantastic printer, no problems at all, and superb Black &
White. I got a cheapo C82 for pigment inks, and that too is very good upto
A4 size. I might get MIS Associates dedicated Black & White inkset for this.
It seems to me that the main advantage of Epson printers is the ability to
use pigment inks, a vast array of papers and various RIPs, and they are
reliably supported by a bevy of third party developers/manufacturers. As far
as I know, Canon & HP tend to work very well only with their own papers, and
both are dye ink based.
Cheers
Jayanand Govindaraj
Chennai, India