Subject: [Leica] RD1 first experience and questions
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun Dec 12 03:44:26 2004

Hi Richard,
I found that Photoshop defaults always to its own camera raw plugin if
you use file browser and the only way to use the Epson plugin is to
open the file separately and specify the Epson plugin specifically. Now
I've found it I am happier with the 15mm CV results but we still have
the problem of the compensation using up some of the available dynamic
range. Oh well.
The results from the wedding reception, in a very dark marquee hung
with black cloth all round and above, are very pleasing.
I do wear glasses and am still not happy with the speed display (though
it is better than the M6......)
thanks
Frank