Subject: [Leica] OT: Kodak shuts Canadian plant
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri Dec 10 11:32:50 2004

The end is neigh. The other evening my daughter was saying she's
panicked that she'll be out of a job in a couple months. She's a black
and white printer for a small place in Concord, MA that does exhibition
and book printing for all sorts of big name people, and prints for the
NY Times for the collection prints it sells. They've always used Ilford
paper and can no longer get it, and she says they're having trouble
getting Agfa because people are buying it up in a panic. She's concerned
that when they have to tell clients that certain papers aren't
available, the reaction may be 'to hell with it, why stick with silver
any more.'

I know that what I'm hearing is a 26-year-old's over-reaction, but it is
telling.