Subject: [Leica] Canadian Disguise
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Fri Dec 10 10:09:55 2004

Tina Manley wrote:

> LUG:
>
> I think I'll get one of these kits before I travel overseas again:
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/12/07/canada.tshirts.ap/index.html
>
> It would be cheaper than moving to Canada.  Besides - it's cold up there!
>
> Tina
>
> Tina Manley, ASMP
> www.tinamanley.com

I once read that Canadians are what Americans would have been without George
Washington. Can anyone tell me who said that? Probably one of those things
attributed to Winston Churchill.

The stereotype view of Canadians here in Germany is:
1) they all cut down trees and wear plaid (tartan) shirts and jackets
2) they live in log-cabins (obvious after #1)
3) they are all terrorised by bears
4) they all guzzle gallons of maple syrup,drink whiskey and eat salmon
5) 50% hate the english
6) the other 50% hate the french
7) Policeman ride around on horses saying "We get our man"
8) #7 may have been about canadian women
9) 90% of Germans , if they had the chance, would emigrate to Canada

So now let's here about stereotypes of other nationalities.

Before you start, none of the Germans I've met wear Lederhosen, though it
may
become compulsory if the Bavarian led Conservatives get in at the next
election.
If that happens maybe I'll emigrate to Canada with my German wife.
Douglas
Expat Brit in Hannover