Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital Module R sensor vs EOS 1D IIS
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Dec 8 12:31:43 2004

Ah, but the Cobra was a throw-back when it was built! No one ever put
the words "high tech" and any of the Shelby "Cobras" in the same
sentence that I knew of. The 427 would blister your feet right through
the firewall (or so it was reported.)

I actually had the luck to ride in both a 289 and 427 Cobra as well as
the roadster version of the Ford GT-40. I vividly remember how either
Cobra would reveal the slightest bit of dirt on the road - but that
either one of them was damn fast. The GT-40...well Phil Hill gave the
ride and it was the most amazing experience of my life. It was the
last year that they did the race at Candlestick Park. I was 18. I was
in heaven. I even have a photo somewhere.

Adam