Subject: [Leica] Re:Digital Module R sensor vs EOS 1D IIS
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Wed Dec 8 09:05:24 2004

B.D. wrote:

> Here's what it means - plain and simple:
>
> You want a full 35mm size sensor, with which you can use 35mm lenses at
> normal focal lengths, you have to go to a Canon EOS1d or EOS1ds. With
> the EOS1D and Ds you get known image quality;

Hrmmm.

I believe the digital Canon EOS 1D (recently upgraded to the 1D Mark II)
does not have a full 35mm size sensor, but has a 1.3 crop factor.

It is the digital Canon EOS 1Ds (recently upgraded to the 1Ds Mark II)
that has the full size sensor.

Price of the current iteration of the former is about $4500 US; the
latter is about $8000 US.

The former shoots faster; the latter is more of a studio or
contemplative shooter type.

I don't know that on these points YMMMV.

HTH.

--Bob (I've got the 1D Mk II and I like it a *lot*.)

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re:Digital Module R sensor vs EOS 1D IIS)