Subject: [Leica] Re: WHICH FILM ??? (COLOUR NEG FOR A WEDDING)
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Wed Dec 8 09:02:33 2004

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you haven't said whether
you're planning to shoot this wedding with colour
negative film with or without flash.

I know that with the quality of high speed colour neg
films these days, there's a strong temptation to skip
the flash.

Don't do that. This is a wedding -- the event of a
lifetime. Unless you are a great master of available
light photography and the location of this wedding
lends itself to same, you really must use some good
balanced fill flash to produce photos that will please
your friends. If you were shooting b&w, you can do
without the flash.

Typically, wedding pros have used one of the 160 or
400 ASA low contrast portrait-designated emulsions.
These are well-suited to fill-flash and also to the
cosmetic issues the wedding party must confront on
their big day.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal