Subject: [Leica] Canon 20D ;-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Dec 2 19:54:15 2004

Hey nice to see you're still up! ;-) Thanks a bunch for the quick response.

So it looks like I will wait for the first adapter, see how I make out with
manual focusing and go from there.

Earlier today for a fleeting moment I thought, " well if you are going to do
this digital stuff get another 20D and then you wouldn't have to fool around
switching lenses."  Then truth hit me, "Like what for? You're not running
around the world like twenty years ago, well OK two years ago. ;-) Take your
time, so you change a lens, big deal." :-) So the "more than one" was
dismissed very quickly! So I'll change lenses. :-)

I think the most exciting, interesting, whatever one wishes to call it is,
simply shooting and seeing whatever the subject is within split seconds! :-)
Love it, even more so than watching a print begin to appear on paper.

>>I never liked zoom lenses but the 16-35 and the 24-70 are really good
>>lenses. <<<<<<<<

I bought the 16-35 and knew it was a lens I could love to use as soon as I
put the camera to my eye in the store, as it was.."Wow, neat framing, zoom
range and feel." Sandy I believe has the 24-70.  I also picked up the 50mm
f1.8 simply because it was "cheap" as lenses go.

Henning had sent me an e that he had one, was quite pleased with the cutting
ability and used it where the 16-35 was a tad short. Now of course when the
adapter gets here I may find ... "well stupid you should've waited until the
adapter got here." ;-)

I have yet to try it, but I think at a basketball game tomorrow after school
we'll give it a try. Particularly with the autofocus. :-)

>>> Have fun and let me know what you think!<<<<

You bet. Thanks again.

regards,
ted