Subject: [Leica] CM working space for B/W
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Dec 1 00:57:41 2004

> As to color management, I've never cared much until recently. I was just
> curious what people more serious about digital are using.

I'm with you on this one and struggling too. Screens are one thing, but
then we might want to print too (I picked up the R800 from Epson and have
been struggling with that too ... they fit together these two issues).

If you use a b/w color space, will that affect how your output goes to the
printer? Will it go as greyscale (gobbling up your black ink) or RGB?

I've heard some really good advice from another list on how to get started
b/w printing for around 100 dollars with beautiful results, if anyone is
interested. I'm going to try it even though I have the Epson R800. I don't
like toned prints unless I ask for them and that's hard to get down pat
(thus the interest in color management).

Daniel

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] CM working space for B/W)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] CM working space for B/W)