Subject: [Leica] Sean Reid's R-D1 review
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Nov 26 17:54:17 2004

On 11/26/04 10:20 AM, "Scott Gregory" <s_gregory1@mac.com> typed:

> After reading Sean Reid's excellent review of the Epson R-D1 on "The
> Luminous
> Landscape" I cannot help but think if only Leica could claim what Epson now
> can.....that they made the first digital rangefinder camera. Think what
> that
> would have meant to the Leica company as a whole on a worldwide basis and
> for
> their future in the digital realm. It is really too bad that Leica could
> not
> have gotten their act together and even tied in with Panasonic for their
> point
> and shoots, have a Panasonic-Leica brand rangefinder on the market NOW.
> Such
> are wishes from those who wait and would have wished to see the effort from
> Leica itself for the first digital rangefinder.
>
> Scott Gregory (LHSA member)
> London, Ontario

My two unrelated on not to the point thoughts are that Leica is a very small
company known for clockwork precision. Not electrons doing the French Can
Can on the head of pin. For Leica to get involved with higher tech
photography they've got to pour on the consultants and end up buying their
nuts, screws and CCD's from "outsourced" capabilities.
We're all so fond of that!
So lets give them a *$^%# break here pals.

Oh and is it common that the DP people would URL a thing to the LL guys?

I read DP as my coffee brews and my emails download every morning and I've
not noticed that. Perhaps that says something.
Maybe something about the notable, preeminent, prestigious, redoubtable,
renowned regard for Leica M glass?

A stretch maybe.

Happy Leftover day!

Give me Bing Crosby anyday!