Subject: [Leica] Interesting MP
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Nov 21 23:05:32 2004

On 11/21/04 6:14 PM, "Dan C" <bladman99@yahoo.ca> typed:

> I understand what you are trying to say, that if the ultimate collectable
> is a tool, then it should be used as a tool, otherwise, it is no longer the
> tool that is coveted by the collectors.  But it's what the tool represents,
> not the fact that the collectable itself is a tool.
>
> Why on earth would you want to buy a 24x34mm camera to USE?   There are a
> million and one perfectly good used cameras out there, why would you go out
> of your way to locate and try and buy THIS particular one?    To spit in
> the eye of collectors everywhere?  Isn't that also kind of weird?
>
> -dan c.

It was being sold at a camera repair shop 3 blocks from my down town photo
studio for a couple a hundred bucks.

I often feel the 2 over 3 format to be a semi panoramic. Not formal enough.
It would be switching from your 6x9 back to use your 6x7 back.

I bet 6x7 backs are lot more popular than 6x9 backs. I bet they are!
And for that reason.

I'd also love a 24x24 robot square format 35mm camera body. Leica, Nikon,
Olympus or otherwise. Leica would be the best I guess.

And also love half frame. 18x24. Which is darn close to APS-2 size with a
ton of glass being designed for that image circle.
I want a film body for that glass. The 1.5 mag stuff. Film has come that far
with tab grain films and non, Xtol and otherwise.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/