Subject: [Leica] old Leica photo books. :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Nov 21 17:10:38 2004

Howdy crew,

I thought you might like to share a neat Leica book thing with me today. :-)

I'm an avid book collector, primarily photography, in particular the older
the better, about 300 or so in my personal collection to date.

Today I found two oldies, but very goodies! :-) The "Pocket LEICA book."
1953. That makes it 51 years old!A small 4.5" X 6" hard cover book published
in Germany in English. All kinds of neat things about Leica photography with
an amazing amount of information on taking pictures with a Leica.

What's even stranger is I just realized the book at 51 years was printed a
"couple years after" I started playing photographer. ;-) And here it is
referred to as an "old book." While I some days consider myself a young lad
of 75.5 years and still playing photographer. ;-)

The other, even smaller, "LEICA pocket companion."   3 3/4" X 5 3/4"  1962
printed in New York by Universal Photo Books Inc. Looks like it fits
comfortably in one's pocket. This has all kinds of tips and settings for
many types of picture taking. Also about the Leica System, operating the
camera, the latest model is the M3 and back to the 1A & B. and much more.

Is there a wild possiblility any of you may have the same books.? Just
wondered.

Not world shattering, but it is Leica and it is photography with a Leica.
:-)

ted

Replies: Reply from wharting at verizon.net (bill harting) ([Leica] old Leica photo books. :-))
Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] old Leica photo books. :-))