Subject: [Leica] M4 - M4P - M4-2
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Thu Nov 18 15:15:57 2004

On Nov 18, 2004, at 3:11 PM, John Collier wrote:

> I had a very early M4-2 and it was very first time I ever "almost" had
> Gerry (Kindermann) break down on the phone. He worked on the camera
> for three months and tested it every day until he was sure it was
> right. I sold it immediately with a one year return privilege. DO NOT
> BUY AN EARLY M4-2 PERIOD.

Wow! Sherry had a choice rant about the early M4-2. The first batch or
two really were
troublesome. She was telling me that she found one that used SEVEN
washers to shim
something you normally only use one or two for. I wonder how many of
those are still around...

Mine is a very late one and so far it seems pretty good. Time will tell.

Feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] M4 - M4P - M4-2)