Subject: [Leica] Re: What about the Hasselblads in space?
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed Nov 17 14:01:38 2004

Andrew Nemeth wrote:

> Actually there were massive modifications for those cameras used on
> the moon's surface - in particular the mirrors were removed, which in
> a HBlad requires major surgery (as it completely changes how the lenses
> stop down and work).

While I can't vouch for the specific details a friend of mine ran a portion
of
this programme and I recall him saying that the cameras, while carrying the
'blad label couldn't exactly be bought off he shelf at your corner store! A
lot
of the mods were fairly obvious to enable the camera to continue working on
the
surface!

Peter Dzwig