Subject: [Leica] Re: Yet another sign ...
From: MCyclWritr at aol.com (MCyclWritr@aol.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 16:36:31 2004

E.J,

Unlike the laughable old days when dried cow patties were chipped  and
thrown
into the air for distribution as the manure spreader was pulled by a
tractor, your friend is applying a liquid  fertilizer through
downward-pointing spray
nozzles. And from the  safety of a truck cab where a sudden tailwind won't
ruin a man's day.

Your grandmother is/was one tough cookie to survive early life in a soddy.
You know all those little creatures such as spiders and scorpions and
invisible biting bugs? They didn't have to sneak into a soddy under a door
or  through
a window casement. They lived in the walls and came out at night to gnaw  on
and generally terrorize l'il prairie kids. Any wonder you don't see a lot of

grinning in those period tintypes?

Sport-touring and dual-sport bikes at the moment. A Yamaha FJR1300 for
long-distance work, a BMW R100RS for regional goofing around, BMW F650GS
Dakar  for
light duty dual sporting and a Kawasaki KLR650 for the more technical  jeep
roads (Colorado, you know).

-Chris Lawson

_schlup13820@yahoo.com_ (mailto:schlup13820@yahoo.com)   writes:

Chris, that solves everything!

Our farmer friend is spreading manure  today on our
hayfield using a large tank truck, any comments?

I really  enjoy Kansas and my grandmother was born in
sod house in Chanute.

What  kind of motorcycles?

E.J.