Subject: [Leica] War Photos
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Nov 16 08:07:53 2004

Peter Dzwig responded:
> If you were to take that image as a JPEG and stick it into PS and take out
> the colour in the usual way...you focus completely on the guy's eyes and
> the image is much more powerful.<<<<<<<<<

Hi Peter,
Exactly and that's what sorts out people in colour compared to B&W. under
certain situations.

If one can imagine our book, "Women in Medicine." shot in colour all the
drama would be lost due to the colour as it would become the over riding
visual aspect instead of the viewers concentration on the content.

ted

" <pdzwig@summaventures.com>