Subject: [Leica] War Photos
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Nov 16 08:04:03 2004

Phong said:
Subject: RE: [Leica] War Photos

> Ted Grant wrote:
>> Yes of course there's been pretty powerful colour war images,
>> Larry Burrows  stuff from 'Nam come to mind.
>> ,,,
>> No offence intended.
>
> Ted,
>
> 'Nam sounds very derogatory to me.
> 'Nam is where you go and kill the gooks.
> I would much prefer Vietnam.
> I am sure you didn't mean any offence in this respect either.
> Thanks,

Phong mon ami,

Please accept my apology in word use. And yes you're quite correct in how
the word conjures different images/meanings rather than the correct name of
the country, Vietnam. I normally use the full name in describing my and that
of other news people I know who covered the war.

Consider it corrected for future use.
regards,
ted