Subject: [Leica] Proper use of a calumet fabric panel ... And other studio lightin g questions
From: KCassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Tue Nov 16 06:04:54 2004

So ... Chris Williams had said:

>I started using a Calumet fabric panel that got rid of unwanted shadows
while
>using minimal lights.

http://www.calumetphoto.com/ctl?PAGE=Controller&ac.ui.pn=cat.CatItemDetail&a
c.item.itemNo=RM7364&ac.cat.CatTree.detail=y&type=PRDINDEX

My question is -- how big a fabric panel like this do I need? 30x30 seems
very small -- especially for a standing subject -- 76x76? And then use it as
a reflector? Or shoot the strobe through it like a gigantamungous softbox?
Which brings up another question --

QUESTION: since I have a fixed studio location -- would there be any
advantage to hanging, say, a white queen sized bed-sheet from the ceiling
and firing a strobe through that? Would that essentially give me a huge
square softbox with deliciously soft light?

Eh? Eh?

Kc

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Proper use of a calumet fabric panel ... And other studiolightin g questions)
Reply from jackherron at cox.net (Jack Herron) ([Leica] Proper use of a calumet fabric panel ... And other studiolightin g questions)